HomeTop StoryCOVID-19 cases in Ghana shoot up to 408, death toll now 8

COVID-19 cases in Ghana shoot up to 408, death toll now 8

Must read

- Advertisement -
Andrews Aibi Junior
Andrews Aibi Junior is a creator, editor at HyperCitiGh.com, an online digital platform focusing on relevant, reliable, and timely Top Local and campus News. Tweet at me @AibiAndrews on twitter.
- Advertisement -

The confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus in Ghana have increased to 408 as the death toll also rises to eight.

This was confirmed by the Ghana Health Service (GHS).

“As of 10 April 2020, 23:00 HRS, a total of 27,346 persons have been tested with 408 being positive for COVID-19,” said the GHS.

- Advertisement -

Out of the 408 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 205 were reported from the routine surveillance, 88 from enhanced surveillance activities and 115 from travellers under mandatory quarantine in both Accra and Tamale.

The breakdown of the 408 positive cases are as follows: four (4) have been treated, discharged and have tested negative, 394 cases have been categorised as mild disease on treatment, two (2) moderate to severe cases, none currently on ventilators and eight (8) have died.

Eight out of 16 regions with COVID-19 cases

- Advertisement -

Eight out of the 16 regions in Ghana have so far confirmed cases of COVID-19.

These are the Greater Accra, Ashanti, Eastern, Northern, North East, Central, Upper East and Upper West regions.

North East Region was the latest to confirm its first case on Friday, April 10, 2020.

- Advertisement -

The case was detected in Walewale as a result of the ongoing enhanced surveillance and contact-tracing exercise.

The infected person however passed on.

Regional breakdown

Upper West – 1

Upper East – 1

North East – 1

Central – 1

Northern – 10

Ashanti – 40

Eastern – 25

Greater Accra – 329

Lockdown

Government in a bid to contain the virus extended the partial lockdown of Greater Accra Metropolitan Area and the Greater Kumasi Metropolitan Area by one more week.

President Nana Akufo-Addo in a televised broadcast on Thursday night said that Greater Accra Metropolitan Area and the Greater Kumasi Metropolitan Area, are to remain on lockdown for an additional week with movements restricted as a means to stop the spread of COVID-19.

The lockdown is to enable the government to embark on an enhanced contact tracing exercise and mass testing of the contacts in various parts of the country

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -