“Health is wealth” is what we learned in school. But it seems like most of us have forgotten about our true wealth. With our busy lifestyles, our food habits have deteriorated drastically. We have forgotten what healthy eating all is about!
It is an important goal for people especially students to provide their bodies with appropriate fuel to maintain and enhance their performance.
Eat better, feel better, and focus better, study naturally: the balanced way to increase your CWA.
In midst of uncertainties upon arrival at the Premier University Science and Technology University in West Africa, hypercitigh.com brings you all you need to know.
How to Print KNUST Provisional Admission letter for 2022/2023
Well, in Knust it is quite annoying and frustrating to go through the usual routine of eating almost the same foods throughout the semester.
To the ladies who like cooking, it is a thumbs up since you do not have to go through these struggles, and oh not forgetting the gentlemen who love to make female friends just to get food to eat.
READ ALSO: Ten Personality Traits That Will Draw A Campus Girl of Your Choice to you
Kindly note this list is a compilation of the average list of student-recommended joints. The below is in no particular hierarchy.
The Top 11 The Best Food Joints on KNUST Campus
- Pizzaman Chickenman is a fully Ghana-owned company founded by a former KNUST student leader in 2018. In Kumasi, the company has six branches located at Ahodwo, KNUST campus, Sofoline, Suame Maakro, Airport Roundabout, Dakodwen, and a food truck at Tafo. The company serves all sorts of pizza varieties, Jollof, and fried rice assorted dishes. It is popularly regarded as the best pizzeria joint in Ghana.
Dare2Dream opens applications for 2023 tertiary education scholarship
2. SMS Bush Canteen – is one of the most popular food joints located at the School of Medical Sciences on the campus of Knust. Known to be the hub of amazing delicacies for anyone who wants to buy some local Ghanaian food. They serve local dishes from fufu to banku to rice balls. The place is well structured. The facility has several food joints consisting of a store, restaurant, snack shop, waakye and fried plantain joint, kitchen for bakery, special fufu restaurant, kenkey joint, stationery, and photocopy shop. Some other facilities also include a kit/pounding area, fruit sellers’ area, washrooms, veranda, and eatery among others. They also have a serene environment where you can relax.
SMS Bush Canteen is a place worth going to because the food gives value for money.
3. Atta Gob3 – this food joint is one of the most patronized and popular on the Knust campus. There are nutritious meals you can try your hands on. These include; plantain with beans, banku with groundnut and okro, rice balls with groundnut, plain rice, Jollof, and protein such as chicken, beef, fish, and almighty “Gob3”.Gob3 consists of boiled beans, palm oil, and Gari. It is mostly eaten with plain rice, Jollof, and plantain. All these foods are rich in protein, and carbohydrates. Proteins are often called the body’s building blocks. They are used to build and repair tissues. They help you fight infection. Our body uses extra protein for energy. Protein from plant sources tends to be lower in saturated fat, contains no cholesterol, and provides fiber and other health-promoting nutrients.
Read Also: List of Best Gob3 joints on KNUST Campus
Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. Many foods with carbohydrates also supply fiber. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that our body cannot digest. Eating food with fiber can help prevent stomach or intestinal problems such as constipation. These foods do not only provide the needed nutrients needed for proper growth and development. These foods are a must-try when you are on the KNUST campus. They can be found adjacent Nana Adoma Hostel. Our article here elaborates more on the List of Best Gob3 joints on the KNUST Campus.
4. Daily Bite – provides finger-licking and mouthwatering dishes like fufu with groundnut or light soup, fried rice, Jollof, plain rice, banku with okra, groundnut soup, Yam balls, rice balls, gravy sauce, and protein such beef, mutton, chevron, salmon, chicken, cow feet. These foods provide you with the nutrients you need to sustain your body’s well-being retain energy and feel good. Carbohydrates, fat, protein, vitamins, and minerals are the key nutrients that make up a healthy, balanced diet. Most of this food contains sodium and potassium which are needed for the body to function normally and help maintain fluid and blood volume in the body. However, a person can get high blood pressure by consuming too much sodium and not enough potassium. You can find them around P III hostel.
5. Acuzzi– is one for the gents, for ladies and the showoffs depending on how much meat you can afford. This is one of the best food joints one needs to try on the Knust campus. It is one of the best fufu joints on the Knust campus. They serve local dishes such as banku, rice balls, and special pork with fried yam in the evenings. The ambiance has a typical chop bar feel, great customer service and the food is very affordable. It also serves beer and other drinks. Live music but sometimes noisy. The environment is well-kept. The soup tastes good especially if you are a fan of pepper.
Acuzzi can be found at Ayeduase gate close to the West End Hostel.
6. Hambras – Hambras come top of the list with fried rice and Jollof. Their prices are quite affordable for the quality they provide. Plus, their Jollof taste like it could have been made by your other. They have space to sit and wait for your order, to eat, and enough privacy. You can get a pack of food for a starting price of 7 Ghana cedis. A pack of food comes with rice, vegetables, chicken, shito salad cream, and ketchup. Hambras food is worth trying because it is very rich in protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins needed to boost immunity and healthy development, to also protect the human body against certain typed of diseases. In particular, non-communicable diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular, some types of cancer, and skeletal conditions.
Hambras is located on the Knust campus.
7. Helinus – Helinus is a reputable fast-food joint in knust. They serve beverages, rich delicacies like Jollof, and fried rice. If you are a Jollof or fried rice lover, this is the food joint you need to try. Their rice dishes are spicy, sumptuous, delicious, and palatable above all nutritious. They have space to sit and wait for your order, to eat, chat with a friend and enjoy enough privacy. As students we need to eat healthy meals in other to boost our metabolism and also, we need to eat better, feel better, and focus better, study naturally: the balanced way to increase your CWA. Jollof and fried rice are nutritious in a way that it reduces the risk of cancer, the ability to kill prostate cancer cells, and a whole lot.
A lot of people purchase their meals. You can find Helinus at Ayeduase gate.
8. Tech junction Waakye – this waakye is located at Tech junction. Their waakye is one of the bestselling waakye in KNUST. This may be debatable amongst many waakye lovers but, this waakye spot hits the waakye cravings all the time. It is affordable, generous portions for one, and the toppings include gari, wele, beef, chicken, sausage, fish, egg, salad, spaghetti depending on your preference and not forgetting hot spicy shito. The texture of the waakye is more clumpy than singular so if you love that kind of waakye then this is your must-visit waakye point. They have a very good customer relationship and a well-kept environment.
9. Tech junction TZ and Banku – I am sure Knust students are aware of the 5 o’clock Tz at Tech junction. It is to die for. For Tz lovers that place is a place to look out for. Tz so soft and ayoyo soup tastes so delicious. Not forgetting the spiced cow feet, beef, liver, and “intestines”. Tuo zaafi is one of the healthy dishes you can find in Ghana. Tuo zaafi is very nutritious and easy to digest. Tuo zaafi is made with corn flour and millet flour. Tuo zaafi basically food. So, to have a balanced meal, it is served with Ayoyo soup, which contains some vitamins, minerals, fat, and protein, or with Palm nut soup, green leaves, groundnut, spinach, etc
10. Ebiza- are you looking for a food joint that sells pizza together with food?? Then Ebiza is here for you. At Ebiza you can find banku and tilapia, jollof rice, fried rice, and pizza. Ebiza is best known for tasty pizza and banku and tilapia.
You haven’t truly experienced pizza until you taste the ones prepared at Ebiza. After tasting their pizza, you will truly understand that yes!! There is pizza and there is pizza. Toppings like sausages, chicken, beef, pepperoni, and vegetables. When people mention the name Ebiza it is their pizza and banku and tilapia with hot pepper with vegetables to complement with. Come hungry and let them win you over with just a slice of their pizza and their mouth-watering banku and tilapia.
11. Mr. Roberts – are you craving fried yam chips and crispy chicken? Mr. Roberts is here to satisfy those cravings. Mr. Roberts sells fried yam chips with spicy crispy chicken or fish at Knust in Kumasi. Crispy yam chips are served with hot pepper and ketchup. They have a nice package that is easy to handle. The food is very nutritious because yams are carbohydrates rich vegetables. It is also a source of energy and dietary fiber content which helps reduce constipation and decrease bad cholesterol. It is an excellent source of the B-complex group of vitamins.
Eating well is fundamental to good health and well-being. Healthy eating helps us to maintain a healthy weight and reduces our risk of diseases. Healthy eating has many other benefits. When we eat well, we sleep better, have more energy, and have better concentration-and this all adds up to healthier, happier lives!
Source: Hypercitigh.com | Farida Nagumsi Iddrisu