There are many Ghanaians living in the Diaspora especially in the United States Of America.
For most of these people, they have family and friends down in Ghana whom they often have to send money to overtime.
The most successful money transfer channel within Ghana is the Mobile Money system.
Therefore, the question of how to send money from the USA to Ghana through Mobile Money has been asked severally.
If you have relatives living in the US or you work for people there, then you have had to ask yourself this question at some point.
Well, in this article, we shall answer your question to the latter.
Using Sendwave To Send Money From the USA To Ghana
With Sendwave, you can send money from the US, Canada, France, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Ireland to Mobile Wallets in Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, Uganda and Senegal.
Follow the steps below to use Sendwave in sending money to any of the African countries listed above.
Signup For An Account
- Download the Sendwave App from the Apple app store or Google Playstore.
- Sign up for an account by providing your name, your email address, your phone number, your password and your debit card details as linked with your debit account.
How to Send Money from the USA to Ghana via SendWave
After signing up for an account, you need to start sending money to your Ghanaian relative. Follow the steps below to start sending cash.
- Login to your account.
- Select ‘Send Money’
- Select ‘Ghana’ from the list of destination countries
- Select your means of transfer ‘MTN Mobile Money or AirtelTigo Cash’
- Enter the mobile number of the recipient
- Enter the amount you want to send in Dollars.
- The amount would be converted into cedis for you.
- Confirm the transaction by checking the recipient’s number and name.
- The transaction takes less than a minute to reflect in the recipient’s wallet in Ghana.
- They can withdraw from any mobile money agent.
In terms of fees, Sendwave does not charge direct fees on their transfers. Which means if you are sending 50 Dollars to Ghana, the recipient will receive 50 dollars equivalent exactly.
However, they make their money from tweaking the exchange rate. If the mid-market rate of USD to GHC is 5.50, Wave may actually use a rate of 5.70 or 5.80.
Sending Limits And How To Remove Them
For security reasons and policy reasons as is the case with many banking and finance companies and applications, Sendwave has limitations on initial transfers.Also on Mfidie.com: How To Access WAEC Pasco (Past Questions And Answers) On Your Phone
So for new users, they can send up to 999$ or 999 Euros per day and 2999$ per month.
However, you can extend your limits to 2500$ per day and 12,000$ per month.
To achieve this though, you have to follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings on your app.
- Select ‘Raise Limits’.
- Upload your official government Identity card (eg. Passport, ID Card, Drivers’ License)
- If your card is approved, your limits would be extended automatically.
Sending and receiving money from and to the US and other foreign countries has been a problem over the years.
However, the gradual introduction of newer payment methods has made it possible for anyone anywhere in the world to send and receive money without so much stress and hustle.
With Sendwave especially, receiving money from North America and some parts of Europe in Africa has become very easy and exciting.