On-demand accessibility of computer system resources , in particular data storage (cloud storage) and computing capacity, without direct active user management, is cloud computing.
Cloud computing is one of the hottest technologies with a high demand for qualified professionals. The median salary for IT pros currently in a cloud computing career in the U.S. is $124,300
Moving your IT services to the cloud: Is it a valid choice?
Deloitte’s global Tech trend report 2017, as well as Gartner’s 2018 Cloud computing PRIMER quote various reasons why cloud services continue to grow worldwide, a trend that is now also confirmed to be true for the African continent by businesses like Afrihost, Cisco, and a recently published research report “Cloud Africa 2018” by World Wide Worx.
- It is cheaper. This is the number one reason quoted to migrate to cloud services. Usually, cloud services will be charged based on a subscription model. There is no need to invest in costly software. A professional IT department to maintain the software is not necessary.
- It is better. Moving some of your processes to the cloud helps you focus on your core business processes as you hand over supporting processes like operating a data center, financial accounting, CRM or HRM application to a specialized cloud company. In Ghana an example is Dream Oval, who introduced a cloud based CRM system for online marketing. However, less obvious is whether cloud services are also the best option for your primary (and often unique) business processes.
- It is more flexible. Clearly, with a good cloud contract, it is easier to scale up, scale down or change your IT services. New versions of a software application can be installed centrally and all users have immediate access, without the need to migrate local machines. Generally, the introduction of innovations is easier.
- It is more secure. Specialized datacenters and software providers take care of your systems, cyber security, and backups. Cyber security issues are a constant, growing and unpredictable threat and a specialized cloud provider may be more capable of mitigating these risks than your own IT department.
- It is faster. The cloud has huge computation power to run large operations fast and easily.
Where to study cloud Computing courses in Ghana.
AWS Technical Essentials
This AWS Technical Essentials Certification Training course will introduce you to the fundamentals of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform and ensure that you are fully proficient in identifying AWS terminologies, concepts, benefits, and deployment options to meet your business requirements.Know more
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Simplilearn’s Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Training Course will familiarize you with the main principles of cloud computing and how they have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. This course will get you up to speed on Azure services, security, privacy, compliance, trust, pricing, and support.Know more
Advanced Cloud Computing Courses
AWS Developer Associate
Enhance your proficiency with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform to develop and deploy robust cloud applications with an AWS Developer Associate Certification. This course helps you implement cloud security best practices and understand what it takes to become an AWS Developer Associate.Know more
AWS SysOps Associate
Get hands-on exposure to the highly scalable Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform with the AWS SysOps Associate certification training program. This course will help you attain valuable technical expertise in deploying, managing, and operating fault-tolerant systems on AWS.Know more
AWS Solutions Architect
AWS certification training is essential for every aspiring AWS certified solutions architect. You will master AWS architectural principles and services such as IAM, VPC, EC2, EBS and elevate your career to the cloud, and beyond with this AWS solutions architect course.Know more
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104
Become a part of the Azure revolution with our Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate training course. Aligned with the 2020 edition of Exam AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator, this course is best suited for professionals wishing to be successful as an Azure Administrator.Know more
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate: AZ-204
This Azure Developer Certification training aligns with the latest (2020) edition of Azure Developer Certified Associate exam AZ-204. AZ-204 is the updated version of the existing exam for the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate:AZ-203. This exam verifies your ability to select, develop, and implement Azure cloud technology solutions.Know more
Google Cloud Platform Architect Training
Simplilearn’s Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Architect certification program will empower you with the skills needed to advance your career in cloud architecture and become a certified Google Professional Cloud Architect. The course covers IAM, Networking, cloud storage, and much more.Know more
Microsoft Azure Architect Design: AZ-304
This Microsoft Azure certification training establishes you as an expert Azure Solutions Architect and helps you ace the AZ-304 exam(Earlier AZ-301 exam). You will learn how to determine workload requirements, design for identity and security, architect data platform, create continuity, migration, and API integration.Know more
Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies: AZ-303
This Microsoft Azure certification training will establish you as an expert Azure Solutions Architect and help you ace the AZ-303 exam(Earlier AZ-300 exam). You will learn how to deploy and configure infrastructure, implement workloads and security, create and deploy apps, and develop the cloud and Azure storage.Know more
Specialisation and Jobs
After full completion of the abovementioned courses, one can find his or herself as a
- Software engineer. …
- Senior software engineer. …
- Software architect. …
- Development operations engineer. …
- Full stack developer. …
- Cloud engineer. …
- Data engineer. …
- Java developer
- Systems administrator