MTN Turbonet is a new device made by Huawei for MTN Ghana which was launched in May 2019 to provide cheaper and faster (high speed) internet services to homes and offices as an alternative to MTN’s already existing fibre broadband.
The MTN TurboNet is a plug and play super high-speed 4G Internet router. It comes with a high-powered external antenna and data SIM that enables it to deliver fast Internet in 4G locations.
MTN Turbonet price in Ghana
Turbonet provides instant high speed Internet for up to 32 users simultaneously. To enjoy the service, the user must be within MTN’s 4G coverage area. The device is suitable for both home and office and can be purchased at MTN Service Centers for Ghc 499.
MTN Turbonet features:
– Connect up to 32 users at a time
– Plug & Play 4G router
– 1 x Landline phone port
– AC powered
– Two connectors for an external router
– 4 x LAN ports (One for LAN/WAN)
How to Get Started with MTN TurboNet in 3 Easy Steps:
Step 1– Simply buy your TurboNet router (comes with a 4G SIM card) at a one- time device cost of GH¢499.
Step 2 – Register the SIM Card and pay for your preferred bundle. Pre-paid bundles can be purchased on shortcodes *5057# or Mobile Money *170#
Users can also link their existing MTN number to the 4G SIM card that comes with TurboNet to manage their subscriptions.
Step 3 – Enjoy faster unbelievable internet speeds.
MTN Turbonet Router Specs
|Product Type||Huawei WiFi Router with Ethernet Port|
|Chipset||HiSilicon LTE Cat6 Chipset|
|Data rates||DL 300Mbps/UL 50Mbps|
|Supported 4G LTE frequency brands||Huawei B612s-25d:B1/B3/B7/B8/B20/B38/B40/B41/B42/B43Huawei B612s-51d: B2/B4/B5/B7/B41|
|WLAN||812.11 b/g/n/ac, single-brand 2.4GHz|
|Max Supported Users||32|
|MIMO||4 × 4 MIMO|
|Connector for External Antenna||Two, SMA-female jacks|
|App Management||Huawei Hilink APP|
|SIM size||Micro SIM|
|Dimensions||240 × 155 × 78 mm|
|Interfaces||3 × LAN port (RJ45)1 × LAN/WAN port (RJ45)1 × Telephone port (RJ11)Two External LTE Antenna ports (SMA-female)One Micro-SIM Card Slot1 × USB 2.0 port|
|Other Features||Firewall, CS Voice, VoIP, VoLTE, IPv6, IPv4, dual stack, NAT, DHCP, VPN, DMZ, UPnP, ALG|
Benefits of MTN Turbonet
There are so many benefits that come with buying the MTN Turbonet. Below are some of the things that you stand to benefit.
– Free 5GB of data upon registration/activation
– Extra 5GB of bonus upon recharge for the next 5 months after activation
– Unbeatable data plans valid for 30 days with the option to roll over
– Super-high-speed and reliable internet connection
– External antenna to enhance internet connection
– Self-service accessible from the router
– feature for calls (MTN advises that you keep the sim in the router at all times)
MTN Turbonet Data Bundle Prices
Here are the prices of the various MTN Turbonet packages in Ghana:
|Data Volume (GB)||Old Price (GH¢)||New Price (GH¢)|
NB: Due to the MTN Turbonet pricing update in March 2020, the following data plans have been taken off:
1. 20GB at GH¢75
2. 90GB at GH¢175
3. 550GB at GH¢395
However, with the introduction of the Flexible Turbonet Data Plans, you can buy any amount of data you want. The exciting thing all the data on MTN Turbonet don’t expire, which means you don’t have to finish using it within a specified time period.
How to purchase Flexible bundles for MTN TurboNet
– Dial *5057# from your linked mobile number
– Select buy bundle
– Select option 5 to enter the amount you want to purchase
– Enter any amount between Ghc 25 – Ghc 5,000
– Confirm purchase
– Select your preferred payment channel
– Approve purchase
– Enjoy superfast (high-speed) internet.
How to Top Up on MTN Turbonet
Once your Turbonet is linked to your phone number, follow these steps to top up through Mobile Money:
1. Dial *170# to access the MTN Mobile Money options
2. Choose option 3 – Airtime & Bundles
3. Choose option 3 again – MTN Broadband
4. Enter your MTN Turbonet number when you are prompted to do so
5. Select your preferred package
6. Confirm purchase
7. You will receive a text message confirming your purchase
How To Change Your MTN Turbonet Password In Ghana
Follow the steps below to change your MTN Turbonet router password:
– Start opening your favorite browser, and then enter the default IP address 192.168.1.1.
– You will now go to the login page where you can enter the default username: admin and password: admin
– Change the default MTN ShareLink Login and Password or reset it if you don’t remember
– Change the default MTN ShareLink Wifi name (SSID)/Password.
– Open MTN ShareLink Router IP Address
– MTN ShareLinkRouter External IP Address: Http:/192.168.1.1OPEN LINK (Remember you must be at home or linked to home wifi to do this)
– Connect to the MTN ShareLink Router
– You will now be directed to the MTN ShareLink Router login page where you can enter the default username: admin and password: admin to complete the login.
– Change MTN ShareLink Default Login and Password
NB: Security of a network is vital. Thus the first and foremost task is to change the MTN ShareLink router Default Login then Password to something personalized and secure.
MTN ShareLink Router Password Tips:
– Choose your MTN’s complicated and hard to guess password that you can only recall.
– It should be something personal and easy to remember but extremely hard to guess, so you’ll never forget this.
– Secure Your MTN Turbonet Password
– The amount of protection depends directly on the strength of your Password and the effort you have made to protect your MTN ShareLink router’s key
Offer your MTN ShareLink router password that you can recall (initial usability). Of course, with a unique character, numbers, Greek and Latin, you can build a strong hash password.
How to Check your Balance on MTN Turbonet
You can check your MTN Turbonet balance anytime on your linked MTN number. Follow the following steps to check your TurboNet balance:
– Dial *5057# on your linked MTN Number
– Select option 3 – “Check balance”
– Choose your account from the list of account that comes up
– You will receive a prompt showing the bundle you have as well as the bonus bundle and airtime on your MTN Turbonet.
Mtn turbonet code
Additionally, the quickest and most convenient way to check your remaining airtime, SMS and data SMS balance on your MTN Turbonet Router is to:
1. Dial 136 for updates on remaining airtime, SMSs or data
2. Dial *136# for a summary balance
3. Dial *136*1# for a detailed balance
Source: Hypercitigh.com/theophilus Quaicoe