Thursday, December 3, 2020
Home Sports Aubameyang has declined since renewing contract – Darren Bent

Aubameyang has declined since renewing contract – Darren Bent

- Advertisement -

[ad_1]

Former Sunderland striker,  Darrent Bent believes Arsenal Captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has dipped in form since signing a new three-year contract with the club.

Aubameyang has not scored a Premier League goal since extending his stay at the club till 2023 last month in a deal that earns him around £250,000 per week at the club.

- Advertisement -

The 31-year old failed to record a shot on target in Arsenal’s loss to Leicester on Sunday.

Bent is convinced the 2015 African Footballer is not playing with the same intensity he did in the previous season.

“There has been a drop-off,” Bent said on Talk Sport.

“You look at his form in the semi-final and the final of the FA Cup last season, the Community Shield and his performance against Fulham – he was arguably one of the best strikers in the Premier League, probably the best.

“But since he signed that new contract, it might be a coincidence, but he’s looked a shadow of himself.

“He’s missed big opportunities in games, he’s not working with the same intensity, he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it as much.

“Listen, confidence is massive in a striker. It is with any player, but particularly with a centre-forward, when you’re used to scoring as many goals as he is and then you suddenly stop scoring, it can be a little bit of a concern.

“But I think it’s even the work rate as well.

“You remember, he was putting shifts up and down, he was all over the place, but he’s been nowhere near that level recently.”

It is the first time Aubameyang has failed to score in five consecutive league games dating back to his time at Dortmund in 2014.

- Advertisement -

 

[ad_2]
Source:
citisportsonline.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Top Stories

Check How To Apply For The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat’s Scholarship

The Ghana scholarship secretariat was introduced by H.E President Nana Addo Dankwa Akuffo-Addo in 2017. It was decentralized and digitized in the 2019/2020 academic...

Last batch of Diploma holders to be posted before Dec 7 – NAPO

The Ghana Education Service (GES) by the end of this week will post the last batch of Diploma holders, the Minister for Education and...

GES promotions portal still opened despite November 30 deadline

Checks by Georgeweb.org indicates the GES promotions portal which the Management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) said will be closed on November 30,...

UEW announces online resit entrance examinations for mature applicants

Management of University of Education (UEW) has announceds a date for An online resit entrance examination for unsuccessful mature applicants for the 2020/2021 academic year....