Faculty Of Health Sciences
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING AND DIPLOMA IN REGISTERED NURSING
Applicants must have obtained aggregate 24 or better in six subjects (3 core and 3 electives). The core subjects and minimum graded must be grade D or better in Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science. The elective subjects should be selected from any of the following options: Science, General Arts, General Agric with Chemistry, Home Economics with Food and Nutrition.
Applicants must have aggregate 36 or better in six subjects (3 core and 3 electives). The core subjects and minimum grades are: grade C6 or better in Mathematics, English Language and Integrated science. The elective subjects must include; Science, General Arts, General Agric with Chemistry, Home Economics with Food and Nutrition.
- Diploma in Nursing should be obtained from a recognized University, with a final grade point average of 3.25 or better, in addition to the basic qualification at WASSCE/ ‘O’ Level. Candidates who are RGNs holders may be admitted to the Third Year of the programme after a selection interview
- Candidates with RMN, RM or relevant nursing certificate should have obtained a final grade point average of 3.25 or better in addition to the basic qualification. Candidates may be admitted to the second Year of the programme after a selection interview.
Nurses with SRN with five (5) years working experience and credits in five (5) GCE ‘’O’’ Level or SSCE Subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Science in addition to passing the mature student entrance examination and an interview will be admitted to the second year of the programme after a selection interview.
Foreign students may be admitted on the basis of qualification from their home country for which the National Accreditation Board shall determine equivalence. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries. In addition, foreign applicants must satisfy the professional entry requirements determined by the Nursing and Midwifery Council for Ghana.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (HND) COURSES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (DBS)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BANKING TECHNOLOGY AND ACCOUNTING
SSSCE / WASSCE
- Six (6) WACCE/SSCE passes including three core subjects: English Language, Integrated science/Social Studies and Mathematics. With grade ‘’E’’ and better for SSCE and grade ‘’D7’’ for WASSCE.
- The score for six passes in WASSCE should not be more than aggregate thirty –six (36) and for SSCE should not be more than aggregate twenty-four (24).
NON – SSCE / WASSCE Candidates
- RSA II / Ghana Commercial Examination Stage II with passes in five(5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies and any other three electives
- Four Passes for DBS students
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business mathematics and Integrated science/social studies
- ABCE/ ‘O’ & A Level: Five (5) GBCE credits or Five(5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- Technical school applicant(Certificate II): Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) relevant trade courses
- Must have five (5) WASSCE or SSCE credits including English Language and Mathematics or Three (3) passes in DBS with two (2) passes in WASSCE OR SSCE thus English Language and Mathematics
- Must be twenty-five year (25yrs) and above
- Must be prepared to take internally conducted exams in English Language and Mathematics
- Must have at least two (2) years working experience.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Prospective students for this programme must possess a minimum of 3 Credits in the Core subjects plus 3 Credits Electives in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Physics
Age: 25 – 35
Holder of Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician or have credits in three (3) core subjects (English, Mathematics, Integrated Science) and three (3) Elective subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics) in SSCE, WASSCE or Equivalent
Must have at least two years working experience in medical laboratory and pass an Entrance Examination
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
Three passes not below D7 (WASSCE) or D (SSSCE) in core subjects including English and Core Mathematics PLUS three credit passes in relevant elective subjects including Mathematics and any of the following, Physics, Chemistry or Geography.
- NON-SSSCE / WASSCE
Five passes in ‘O’ Level/GBCE including English Language and Mathematics or LCC/RSA/Ghana Commercial Examination II with passes in five subjects including English. An ‘A’ Level pass (not in General paper) is an advantage. Fours passes for DBS students.
- TVET APPLICANTS
Credit in five (5) subjects, comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and two (2) elective subjects relevant to the programme
- MATURE APPLICANTS
- Must be at least 25 years at the time of application.
- Must have 5 credits at the GCE ‘O’ Level, including English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three Elective subjects at the SSSCE/WASSCE level.
- Must provide documentary evidence of relevant work experience
- Must pass a Departmental examination and an interview
- SSSCE/WASSCE with passes in core English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) elective passes including Mathematics and physics or Technical Drawing and Engineering Science and any one (1) or the following relevant to the programme chosen: Chemistry, Metal work, Auto Mechanics and Basic Electronics with an aggregate not exceeding 24/36.
- Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics, Technical Drawing and a Science subject
- Two GCE ‘’A’’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry or Engineering drawing.
- Ordinary Technicians Diploma
- Part II / III Technicians Certificate holders in addition to the MET II/III MVT II/III Certificates, the applicant should have passes in both English Language Mathematics.
- MATURE APPLICANTS
- Must be at least 30 years old.
- Must have five (5) GCE ‘’O’’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics and Physics
- Must have five(5) years industrial experience ( a letter from employer is required)
- Must pass a written examination and an interview