HomenewsMinority walks 2.23km to Police Headquarters in search of justice

Minority walks 2.23km to Police Headquarters in search of justice

Must read

Christopher Sam
Christopher Sam is a web designer, developer and has advanced knowledge in Search Engine Optimization, Responsive Website Design, Emails Marketing, BULK SMS Messaging, Schema Markup and a certified Google Trainer. He is a creator and editor at Hypercitigh.com, an online digital platform focusing on Credible and Timely news and in Ghana.
- Advertisement -

The Minority in Parliament have marched to the Police Headquarters in search of justice for their colleague from Ningo Prampram, Samuel George, and other members of the party.
Mr George and some party members were allegedly assaulted by masked men from National Security last Thursday during the by-election held at the Ayawaso WestWuogon constituency.

Joy News footage captured the so-called security men throwing a punch in the direction of Mr George at the residence of the NDC’s Parliamentary candidate during the polls that saw the governing NPP win by a landslide.
Other members of the NDC, including its Parliamentary candidate, were alleged to have been assaulted by the masked men who until today, the police have yet to identify.

This has incensed the Minority, who immediately announced their pullout from the by-election.

Although they called for instant identification and prosecution of the men who meted out the brutalities on their members, the Minority say they are yet to receive a favourable response.
Read Also: NDC can be more violent – Mahama warns NPP
Joy News’ Parliamentary correspondent, Joseph Opoku Gakpo, was in Parliament and reports that the opposition MPs intend to meet the Inspector General of Police at the Police Headquarters to discuss their grievance with him.

- Advertisement -

After covering a distance of approximately 2.23 km, the Minority members said they hope that David Asante Apeatu will have answers to the questions they have been asking since last Thursday.
Asawase MP, Muntaka Mubarak, told Joseph they had hoped Parliament will address the issue at Tuesday’s sitting but it appeared the Majority seemed unperturbed.

“Government is not acting on any of the videos and is making it look as if it is business as usual, just swear her in and carry on, which is wrong.
“So we thought to let the IGP know that it has been five clear days and now they are swearing her in, not a single person has been arrested, nothing has been done,” the Minority Chief Whip said.
The MPs have arrived at the Police Headquarters where Mr George has been asked to write a statement on the assault in the absence of the IGP and his deputies.

The leadership of the Minority have, however, been invited into a meeting with the Director of Operations.
Source:  Myjoyonline.com

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -