Popular Ghanaian actress Beverly Afaglo’s Tema home has been razed down by fire.
Per a video she posted on her Instagram page, after the incident on Monday, nothing was left of her home as the Fire Service tried to salvage the situation.
The emotional actress quizzed the government as to why the Ghana Fire Service is not well equipped.
According to her, when the house was being gutted by fire, the firemen couldn’t stop the fire from causing more damage because they had no personal protective equipment.
She said it took them over 40 minutes to enter her house because of the heavy smoke, adding that they ‘stood there deliberating’ and watched her house burn to ashes, even though they got to the scene on time.
“The fire service got in on time but over 40 minutes they couldn’t go inside because of the heavy smoke (I was wondering why they don’t have protective gears for smoke. Why are they not well equipped gosh) they stood there deliberating and another came and that was the worse, they had to use a generator but it couldn’t start which also took a while, then another came which went thru a neighbor’s house to the back of the house and started putting off the fire but it was too late. My mum, the kids’ nanny, the kids, and I are all left with nothing.”
“This country let’s stop doing partisan politics and set our priorities right and stop the misplaced priorities. Ghana hmmmmmm.”
She went on “my house burnt down to ashes within 4hrs …… Everything gone, my passports, clothes, shoes, bags, wigs, jewellery, perfumes, my furniture, my kitchen everything gone. My kids’ room and all their clothes everything is gone. I’m left with what I wore out that’s all. Thank God there are no casualties but where do I start from?” she added.
Her husband, Choirmaster, hasn’t spoken since the incident as of filing this report.