The Ghana Card Personal Identification Number (Ghana card PIN) will be used as a form of Taxpayer Identification for INDIVIDUAL TAXPAYERS ONLY. This means that the Ghana card PIN will replace the TIN issued by GRA to Individual Taxpayers from April 1, 2021.
Where You Need A Ghana Card PIN as a Replacement of Your TIN
The Ghana card PIN will be used in all tax-related transactions and other legal transactions which require the use of an individual’s TIN. These include;
- Doing any business with the GRA
- Registering your business with the Registrar-General’s Department
- Opening a bank account
- Registering your vehicle
- Applying for/renewing a passport
- Registering land ownership
- Clearing goods from a port or airport
- Getting a drivers’ licence
Enter your TIN or your Ghana card Personal ID Number for verification. Eg. P0012345678 or GHA-123456789-1.
A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is issued to taxpayers or potential taxpayers for tax purposes. For individuals, the Ghana card PIN is used as TIN. For organisations, the TIN issued by GRA is used.