The Minister of Communication, Ursula Owusu Ekuful, says the registration of mobile SIM cards is expected to begin on 1st October 2021.
The exercise, which will last for six months, will end on 31st March 2022.
What information and documentation do I need to register?
You will need the Ghana Card:
- Ghana Card
1. Dial *404# on your phone
2. Enter your Ghana Card Pin (only letters and figures, no hyphen)
3. Confirm your Ghana Card Pin
4. Enter Your Surname
5. Enter your First Name and others
6. Enter tour Date of Birth in this order DD/MM/YY
7. Select Sex M/F
8. Confirm Details
9. Submit Details provided after Confirmation
PART II – Visit your network service provider to finish your registration process.
Any SIM which is not registered at the end of this exercise will be blocked, according to the Minister.