The University of Health and Allied Sciences has advertised that it is accepting applications from suitably qualified to fill vacant positions of Director of Academic Affairs.
Qualification and Experience
The applicant must be of at least Deputy Registrar status from an academic/research institution or eligible for appointment as such OR must possess a Master’s degree with a minimum of 12 years relevant post-qualification working experience at management level.
DutiesThe Director of Academic Affairs shall:
- Prepare and implement teaching and examination schedules
- Process applications for admission including advertisements for such applications
- Allocate lecture rooms and examination centres as well as other logistical matters relating to the academic agenda of the University
- make physical arrangements for all academic functions of the University
- ensure the maintenance of academic facilities
- Prepare and issue statements of examination results, transcripts and certificates
- Prepare and publish academic materials, including the Handbook of Regulations for courses of study for Junior Members in consultation with the Head of Legal Services and the Head of Public Affairs
- Discharge any other assignments that the Registrar shall deem necessary
- Must have proven leadership and administrative abilities
- Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of strategic and operational issues
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills
Terms of Appointment
The Director of Academic Affairs must be able to hold office for a term of four (4) years by retirement age of 60 years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are required to complete an Application Form for Senior Level Administrative Staff Position (UHAS UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded here (CLICK HERE). Completed application form should be attached with:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of educational and professional certificates
- A vision statement of about 2500 words.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application documents should be forwarded to [email protected] on or before Friday, March 26, 2021.