The University of Health and Allied Sciences has advertised that it is accepting applications from suitably qualified to fill vacant positions of University Librarian
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must hold at least a Master of Philosophy degree in Library Studies or related discipline with a minimum of 12 year’s relevant post-qualification experience. Relevant professional qualification and a PhD are an added advantage. Person appointed as University Librarian must be of a Professorial rank or eligible for appointment as such.
DutiesThe University Librarian shall:
- Manage the operations of the University Library in accordance with rules and regulations approved by the Academic Board
- Ensure the implementation of decisions of the Library Board approved by the Academic Board
- Oversee acquisition and development of library resources in accordance with University policies and procedures
- Oversee activities of the library staff
- Be a member of the Academic Board and its Business and Executive Committee.
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Must have excellent knowledge in Information Technology
- Must have problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Must have wide practical experience in Librarianship in an academic/research institution
Terms of Appointment
The University Librarian must be able to hold office for a term of three (3) years by retirement age of 60 years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are required to complete an Application Form for Senior Level Administrative Staff Position (UHAS UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded here (CLICK HERE). Completed application form should be attached with:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of educational and professional certificates
- A vision statement of about 2500 words.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application documents should be forwarded to [email protected] on or before Friday, March 26, 2021.