The University of Health and Allied Sciences has advertised that it is accepting applications from suitably qualified to fill vacant positions of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall, under the Vice Chancellor be responsible for the management of academic functions of the University.
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following position.The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall, under the Vice Chancellor be responsible for the management of academic functions of the University.
Position: Pro-Vice Chancellor
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
Effective Date: August 1, 2021
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must be of Professorial rank and must be a distinguished scholar of international repute with extensive research leadership skills.
DutiesThe Pro-Vice Chancellor shall:
- Coordinate strategies for developing and implementing academic programmes of Schools and Departments
- Oversee the process of accreditation of programmes as established by the University
- Ensure the efficient development, coordination and smooth running of academic facilities and policies for teaching and learning
- Facilitate opportunities for research and faculty development
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in raising funding to support research and other development projects
- Oversee the management of student life on campus
- Serve as Chairman of a number of University Boards and Committees
- Act for the Vice Chancellor in his absence; and
- Carry out any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Must have excellent knowledge in academic and research administration
- Must have problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Must be of an unblemished character with high level of personal integrity
Terms of Appointment
The Pro-Vice Chancellor must be able to hold office for a term of three (3) years by retirement age of 60years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are required to complete an Application Form for Senior Level Administrative Staff Position (UHAS UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded here (CLICK HERE). Completed application form should be attached with:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of educational and professional certificates
- A vision statement of about 2500 words.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application documents should be forwarded to [email protected] on or before Friday, March 26, 2021.