The Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies in collaboration with the School of Graduate Studies, University of Education, Winneba invites the university community to its conference on the theme Harmonizing Resources for Staff Development through Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies.
The Conference is scheduled as follows:
- Date: 26th – 28th January, 2021
- Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Venue: School of Creative Arts Conference Room, Central Campus
University of Education, Winneba, Ghana
- Guest Speaker: Prof. Andy Ofori-Birikorang, Ag. Pro-Vice-Chancellor, UEW
- Chairman: Prof. Dominic K. D. Mensah, Principal, Ajumako Campus, UEW
- Collaborator: Prof. George Kankam, Dean, School of Graduate Studies, UEW
- Host: Dr. Christiana Hammond, Dean, FFLEC, UEW
- Convener: Prof. D. S. Y. Amuzu, IUCDS, UEW
The Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies is an academic board and partnership framework composed of sister Institutions in Ghana and in the West African sub-region-public and private universities and institutions, located in Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso – whose primary aims are to:
- Create a system whereby students of member institutions will be able to register and pursue doctoral degree programmes in any of the institutions concerned while respecting the existing regulations in each institution.
- Create a pool of experts for the supervision of doctoral theses/dissertations, since these measures would enhance staff development through the facilitation of movement of researchers from various member institutions.
- Facilitate doctoral studies and promote collaborative research, thereby helping to address the acute shortage of motivated and well-trained academic staff in Partner Institutions/Universities.