The academic calendar of most educational institutions has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and its associated lockdowns and standstills within economies across the globe. The Government of Ghana however directed academic institutions to return to their normal routines from early January this year.
Most universities have successfully assimilated first years into their systems and have made preparations for the next batch of students to enter the tertiary education system across the country. It is in this regard that the premier university and the largest university in Ghana, the University of Ghana has opened the admission portal for prospective applicants to apply for the 2021/ 2022 academic year fresher intake.
Is the University of Ghana (ug) 2021/2022 admission forms out?
Yes, the University of Ghana admission forms is out for the 2021/2022 academic year
. University Ghana Admission forms are out for the following categories undergraduate programmes, Postgraduate Programme, Post-First Degree Law
Programmes, Distance Learning Programmes, Graduate Entry Medical Programme and International students application.
Processes to obtain the university of Ghana 2021/2022 Admission forms and how to fill the forms will be outlined in the subsequent paragraph.
Legon Admission Deadlines 2021/2022
Find below The University of Ghana Legon, UG Legon admission deadlines for the 2021/2022 academic year
Schedule for the 2021/2022 Admissions
|No.||Activity/Programme||Application Opens||Application Closes||Entrance Exams|
|15th March 2021||31st October 2021||Not Applicable|
|2.||Distance Diploma Programmes||15th March 2021||31st October 2021|
|4.||International Applicants||15th March 2021||31st October 2021||Not Applicable|
|5.||Diploma to Degree|
Family & Consumer Sci.
Bachelor of Arts
|15th March 2021||31st July 2021||To be announced where applicable|
|6.||Post First Degree LLB||15th March 2021||30th June 2021||Thursday, 15th July 2021|
Monday 23rd to Thursday 26th August, 2021
|7.||Undergraduates L100||15th March 2021||31st October 2021||Not Applicable|
|8.||Graduate (Sandwich)||6th February, 2021||31st March, 2021|
|9.||Graduate (Regular)||6th February, 2021||29th May, 2021||Not Applicable|
|10.||Registration for Mature Students|
|26th February 2021||7th April 2021||To be announced|
Price of the University of Ghana admission forms
The University of Ghana admission forms price for the 2021/2022 academic year is GHC 200.00 for Ghanaian students and $110 for foreign students.
Price of University of Ghana admission forms for international students
International applicants are expected to pay the university a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. This fee can be paid online as part of the application process or wire transferred into the University of Ghana ECOBANK Account.
Details of the Account are:
University of Ghana Foreign Students Account
Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon Branch
Payments in Ghana (Cash Only)
University of Ghana Forex Account, Ecobank
or International Transfer through Ecobank (0161014409780401 or 0161094409780403)
Where To Buy University of Ghana UG Admission Forms
The University of Ghana admission forms, which is the E-voucher can be purchased at all Ghana Post regional and designated offices and all banks approved by the University of Ghana.
Some approved banks that The University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be purchased at are as follows:
- Access Bank, Ecobank
- Republic Bank,
- Agricultural Development Bank,
- Ghana Commercial Bank,
- Zenith Bank,
- Universal Merchant Bank,
- Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG),
- Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank at a fee of Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00.
Aside from visiting the abovementioned financial institution, The University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can also be purchase using the USSD Payment platform.
Applicants are to note that On the E-voucher, they will find a unique PIN and Serial Number which will be used for the online application process on the University admission portal.
The same PIN and ID or serial number will also be sent to you via a text message from the University of Ghana.
The procedure to buy the University of Ghana UG Application voucher via the USSD system is outlined below
Procedure to Buy UG Application Evoucher using Mobile phone
(Please note that this information applies only to Ghanaian (diploma/HND to degree, undergraduate & postgraduate) applicants. However, it does not apply to Ghanaians (undergraduate) applying from abroad)
What you need to purchase UG Admission forms online
- A mobile
- Mobile Money Account with 200GHS deposit on it
Follow these 4 easy steps to purchase University of Ghana application e-voucher via mobile phone :
Dial *887*18# on all networks
User receives e-voucher via SMS after successful payment.
In a situation where the user does not receive an SMS after a period of successfully completing the transaction, they can retrieve the e-voucher using the following steps:
To Retrieve E-Voucher:
Select “Retrieve E-Voucher”
The details of the E-Voucher are displayed (ie University of Ghana, Serial Number, and PIN)
Important Things To Know Before Beginning Your UG Undergraduate Admission Application Process
- All prospective applicants are advised to visit the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
- All applicants who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are expected to collect a free copy of the University of Ghana prospectus from the Bank when they purchase the e-voucher.
- Programmes at the College of Health Sciences, except those offered at the School of Allied Health Sciences, are offered as first choice programmes only.
- For second and third choices, applicants must choose courses from the Sciences.
- There is direct admission of applicants into the various Programmes available in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences. Applicants will be expected to select up to four (4) choices in order of preference.
- Applicants who select either B.Sc. Administration or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) as first choice are advised strongly to select bouquets from the Bachelor of Arts programme as second choice to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
- For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
- All students entering the BA progamme must offer three (3) subjects at Level 100, two (2) subjects at Level 200 and Level 300 and either two (2) subjects or one (1) subject at Level 400.
- Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
- Mature Students Admission has been re-introduced into the Bachelor of Arts Distance Education (DE) Programme with effect from the 2017/2018 academic year.
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE at http://admission.ug.edu.gh on the purchase of the University of Ghana application e-voucher.
- All applicants will be considered on the basis of result equivalents as provided by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), as per schedule below:
|A1||1 Excellent||A||1 – Excellent|
|B2||2 – Very Good||B||2 – Very Good|
|B3||3 – Good||C||3 – Good|
|C4||4 – Credit||D||4 – Credit|
|C5||5 – Credit||E||5 – Pass|
|C6||6 – Credit||F||6- Fail|
|D7||7 – Pass|
|E8||8 – Pass|
|F9||9 – Fail|
- Qualifications acceptable for admissions include the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
- GCSE & ‘A’ Levels
- American High School – Grade 12 examinations
- Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels). All admissions will be to Level 100.
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITYNUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
- Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
- All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.
Important Things To Know Before Beginning Your UG Postgraduate Admission Application Process
Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Masters’ Degree programmes)
- Masters’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for PhD programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required (provide the details of the referees online)
- PhD applicants should attach their Research Proposals to the application (Not more than Four pages)
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Applicants who graduated from this university should scan and attach only their certificates to their applications. NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE. The originals will be required during interviews.
All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
Important Things To Know Before Beginning Your Admission Application Process as an International Applicant
International applicants should NOT buy the e-voucher. They should use the following link to access the online application form for completion and submission.
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/results slips should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application form.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
For information on the admission requirements, courses offered at the University of Ghana and cut off points, you can find such details for the 2020/2021 admissions here.
University of Ghana Admission Process Explained
- Purchase the University of Ghana online application E-Voucher from the bank
- Applicants will be required to provide their names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the bank voucher before they are served.
- After purchasing the e-voucher, A confirmation of your Pin will be sent to your mobile phones provided to the bank.
- After obtaining the unique PIN and serial number or ID, the next thing to do is to begin your admission process.
- Visit www.admission.ug.edu.gh/undergrad for Ghanaian Applicant. International Applicant International applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad should NOT buy the e-voucher. they can start their admission process via the url below
- Log in with the serial number and PIN as indicated on the E-Voucher.
- Your admission dashboard will be displayed for you to begin the online application process.
- Tick the terms and condition and click “Start Application” to begin the application process
- Fill in your personal information, Address and Fill in your guardian’s information
- Choose your entry year
- Click “Save & continue” to save your progress
- Fill in your Educational Background information. Click “Add Institution” to add a new institution
- Click “Save & continue” to save to proceed to the next stage after adding your educational information.
- Select your programme choices
- Begin by uploading an appropriate passport picture. Click “Choose file” to choose an image file
- Review your application and ensure all information provided is legitimate. Click “Edit” if you want to make any changes
- Review the terms of the agreement and click “I do not Agree” or “I agree”
- You can click “Review Application” to review your application
- Click “Print Application” to print a copy of your application form
After your application is done, a text message will be sent to your phone informing you that your application has been submitted.
What Next After Printing The Forms?
After completing the online process and printing out your forms, the next thing you will do is to wait for the release of the admission list. Shortlisted applicants will be sent an email and SMS on their admission status
Accommodation for UG freshers
Successful applicants who will be admitted at full-time Legon campus and Korle Bu Campus are required to make residential application.
However, students who wish to stay out of campus should select non-residence in the application process.
Steps for UG Freshmen Residential Registration
2. Type in your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN; then click on “Login” to enter the residential application system.
3. Select a Hall of choice and a room of your choice.
4. If successful, print out your Room Allocation Letter and follow the instructions provided.
5. If unsuccessful, you can still complete your academic registration as a non-resident student after Orientation.
Applicants needing any help can send their enquiries to the following addresses:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0302 213820 ext 6018
Phone: 0302 213820 ext 2637
Phone: 026-095-0170, 020-048-0431, 020-048-0344, 024-398-5001.
College of Health Sciences
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0302 665 103 Ext 231 &151
Phone: 0245 107 315
College of Humanities
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0303 936 081
Phone: 0303 936 082
College of Basic & Applied Sciences
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0288 266 017
College of Education
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 050 3899 803