The 2019 Student Representative Council (SRC) elections of the University of Ghana has been slated for Wednesday April 10, 2019
This was revealed to #UniversNews by a highly placed source within the SRC Electoral Commission, who confirmed that the electoral calendar presented to the Office of the Dean of Students’ Affairs, included among other things, the selection of April 10 as election day.
Upon approval, the calendar which outlines the series of events to be held within the electoral season will regulate the actions and activities of all stakeholders for the entire period.
Read Also: University of Ghana wins 2019 Inter-tertiary Commonwealth Debate competition, set to represent Ghana in London
Also included in the line-up, is a window from the 17th through the 24th of March for the filing of nominations by interested students and prospective candidates.
The provisional line-up sighted by #UniversNews schedules March 29 for vetting of aspirants by the eight (8) member SRC Vetting Panel with the Electoral Commissioner as the chair.
Below is the proposed timetable presented to the Dean for approval;
- Open and Close of Nominations – 17th at 6:00 pm to 24th March at 6:00 pm
- Vetting by SRC Vetting Panel – 29th March at 6:00 pm
- Declaration of Vetting Results – 30th March
- Lifting of Ban on Campaigning – 30th March
- Face to Face at Korle-Bu – 3rd April at 5:300 pm
- Face to Face at City Campus – 5th April at 5:00 pm
- Radio Univers Presidential Debate – 7th April at 6:00 pm
- Meeting the Candidates, Balloting and submitting of Polling Agents – 8th April
- Face to Face and Manifesto Reading at Legon Campus – Monday 8th April at 6:00 pm
- Ban on Campaign Tuesday 9th April at 12:00 midnight
- Election Day and Declaration of Provisional Results – Wednesday 10th April
- Publication of Final Results – Saturday, 12th April
Earlier in March, the parliamentary arm of the student government, General Assembly in accordance with the SRC constitution moved to establish an electoral commission to start processes to elect new officers to lead the student body for the 2019/2020 academic year.