The Authorities of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology(KNUST) has released the security tips for newly admitted students ahead of school reopening on Saturday 9th, 2021.
See below the General Security tips /Precaution
- Board only KNUST campus embossed taxicabs or shuttles to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- Do not keep your door keys under doormats, flowerpots or any unsafe location. It is better to deposit your keys at the Hall Assistance lodge for safekeeping.
- Always secure your valuables and electronic gadgets eg. jewellery, money, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc. before you sleep.
- Avoid walking in the dark or near bushy and isolated areas whether well lit or not.
- Do not talk to strangers or engage them in a conversation. Direct strangers to security officers or a recognised University staff.
- Always walk in pairs or in groups to reduce your vulnerability to attacks.
- Report all crimes at the Security Offices and seek assistance from any Security Officer near you.
- Always lock your doors even if you will be away for few minutes.
- Don’t entrust your valuables In the hands of people you do not know.
- Avoid isolated bus stops on and off-campus.
- Do not hand over your room keys to any one apart from your room mates.
Credit: Hypercitigh.com with additional resources from KNUST Security