The 2020/2021 administration of the Science Student Association (SCISA) met the Press yesterday in what was termed the ‘SCISA Press Briefing’ rolled out by the Public Relations Office of the Association.
The objective of the briefing was to engage all SCISANs and address them on happenings in the College through the media.
The engagement was moderated by Mr Kenneth Kelly Dwamena, Deputy PRO, who kicked off with a short prayer and acknowledged media houses and their reps present.
The formal introduction was followed by an address by the Vice President, Mr Isaiah A. Mensah on the achievements of the administration.
- The administration at the beginning of the semester, uploaded all learning materials to Google Drive and made it accessible to SCISANs through a link.
- The administration went into talks with the Library authorities to extend the library time and that was successful
- The administration engaged Teaching Assistants in the College to assist student on special days outside the classroom hours, especially on courses that student had challenges with.
- The SCISA Academic Committee under the Abuah-led administration introduced the ‘SCISA Examination Aid’ to engage students before mid-semester and end of Semester Exams.
- Capacity Building:
- The current administration held the biggest event on campus, the rebranded ‘WISeHour’ which saw personalities like, Serwaa Amihere, among others.
The SCISA Drive initiative which enables student who are interested in learning to drive and also obtain a Driver’s license, all at a subsidized price
The administration established a ‘Health Committee’ whose members will have an opportunity to study and work with the Student Clinic, hopefully next semester.
- The introduction of the ‘Sanitary Bank’ by the Office of the Women’s Commissioner.
- SCISA Bursary to come to the financial aid of students.
- The launch of the ‘SCISA Dey For You’, a food bank initiative that will begin next semester.
The administration embarked on the biggest COVID Awareness Campaign on campus; mounting banners, providing sanitizer dispensers at vantage points.
SCISA TODAY, an initiative to engage and brief student on happenings.
The FF12 Computer Laboratory is under renovation and will be ready for use next semester, another work by the administration.
The President hinted on some projections for the second semester;
The BIG announcement for the day, the construction of a ‘Learning Area’ starting next semester. The architectural design for the project was made available to the press.
The building of a system to provide a resume or CV book for final years to secure comfortable places for them to have their NSS.
The President gave his appreciation to the Press and ended with ‘Once again my name is MICHAEL ABUAH and I am here for serious business’. The Briefing came to an end with a short prayer from the College’s General Secretary, Phoebe Etornam.
Source: hypercitigh.com | Mrr Palmer