The Electoral Commission (EC) of the Student Representative Council of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology on Friday, February 8, 2019 opened nominations for Member of Parliament (MP) aspirants for Non-Residential Constituencies around campus.
The nominations will run until Monday, March 11, 2019.
Students who wish to apply for these portfolios should satisfy article 13 of the SRC constitution 2011 as amended.
A statement released by the by the electoral commission indicated that any interested persons should contact Henry Nii Addo on 020 154 6543 for purchase of form and other information.
Read full Statement Below:
Conduct Of Elections For Non Residential Constituencies as stated by the SRC Constitution
(1) There shall be established Non Residential Constituencies by the Electoral
Commission of the SRC.
(2) The representatives of these Constituencies shall be elected through secret ballot
by the Constituents.
(3) The representatives of these Constituencies shall be resident in that particular
constituency at the time of filing their nomination.
(4) A person seeking to contest in the Non Residential Elections shall be required to file
nomination duly accompanied with a Résumé and 2 passport size pictures.
(5) The nomination form shall be signed by twenty (20) students who shall be resident
in the constituency and the signatures shall be accompanied by the name, phone number, and hostel name of the person signing.