- Advertisement -
The KNUST SRC Parliament has on wednesday, May 18 2021 at its first sitting of the semester approved the Union of Non-Residential Constituencies (UNRC) constitution.
- According to parliament, the constitution will serve as working document for the body;
- The constitution will adopt a unified and cohesive approach towards the welfare needs of students as well as improvement of living conditions of students, the statement read.
- The Constitution will mandate the financial allocation of the body to help them focus better on issues of off-campus security and how to curb them.
- The approval of the constitution signifies the creation of two new constituencies with parliament and reconstruction of the pre-existing constituencies.
- There are now seven constituencies namely; Campus, Ayeduase North, Ayeduase South, Bomso-Ahinsan, Kentinkrono-Ayigya, Kotei-Gyinase and New Site- Boadi-Emina.