The non-profit-making organization (WAEC) responsible for the conduct of the BECE for School Candidates says it will in due course release the BECE results of candidates who sat for the 30th edition of the examination.
The Head of Private Examinations, WAEC Mrs Veronica Asante disclosed this an interview monitored by Georgeweb.org with host Winifred Ampiaw.
The WAEC staff in the interview cautioned members of the general public particularly candidates to be wary of fake websites publishing false information about release of the BECE results.
She advised that candidates should anytime visit the official website of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) to for confirmation of release of results and only check at ghana.waecdirect.org.
Mrs Veronica further said candidates not satisfied with the BECE result can visit the nearest WAEC office for review but not to pay money to any unscrupulous persons who claim to be officials of the Council.
This year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) was administered in September instead of the usual June/July amid the outbreak of the locally transmitted coronavirus (COVID-19).
Meanwhile, the Council on Friday, November 13, 2020, released the provisional results of candidates who sat for this year’s WASSCE for School.
How to check 2020 BECE results online
Since the majority of the steps in checking the BECE results online are outdated and confusing for candidates checking it for the first, we’ve put together the below comprehensive guide to assist you in the process.
- Log onto the WAEC results checking portal with an internet-connected device, we recommend using a computer and not a smartphone
- On the next page ‘Enter your Index Number’.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2003.
- Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.