Newly elected executives of the University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) Students’ Representative Council (SRC) and Local National Union of Ghana Students (LNUGS) for the 2020/2021 academic year have been sworn into office yesterday, 30th January, 2021 before Parliament.
In the acceptance speech of the President, the student populace were charged to get actively involved in the administration of the student body.
H.E Wiafe Richard said ” UENR continues to make remarkable stripes because of the sacrifices and hardwork of men and women who have a vision of one day seeing UENR become the best University not just in Ghana but in Africa. I challenge you this evening to take inspiration from these extraordinary men and women by taking an active part in th running of the SRC”.
The event took place right after the inauguration of the eight Parliament of the SRC which approved the nomination of Mr. Randy Opoku Agyeman as Speaker by a simple majority vote amidst allegations of constitutional breach by some MPs.
With a slim tenure of office, it is clear that the expectations of the student populace from the new administration are high due to the “obese” promises made by the then Aspirants during the electioneering season.
Below are all the inducted officers:
- Mr. Wiafe Richard (Morata) – President
- Mr. Yaw Berko Tawiah – Vice President
- Mr. Boafo Paul Obeng – General Secretary
- Duah Enoch – SRC Financial Secretary
- Agnes Oforiwaa Acheampong – Women’s Commissioner
- Frimpong Adakabre Manso Elvis – LNUGS President
- Michaella Karikari – LNUGS General Secretary
- Owusu Kelvin – LNUGS Financial Secretary
Credit: Hypercitigh.com/Emmanuel Swanzy-Baffoe